Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for taking part in the online survey on the topic »Intercultural trainings - a path to successful international cooperation«.
This online survey is a follow-up of the findings of the INWICA project. The primary aim of the BMBF-funded research project INWICA »Innovative technical skill trainings for employees in German companies with locations in China« was to find out challenges when transferring German Vocational Education to another country and culture, in this case China.
Training experts from the INWICA network identified intercultural competence as increasingly important for globally operating companies. This online survey aims to investigate this topic in greater depth, and will also be used by a student of Hochschule Hamm-Lippstadt towards her bachelor thesis in »Intercultural Business Psychology«.
The survey aims to gain insights into:
- the state of interest in as well as supply and demand of intercultural training in globally networked companies
- assessing the required skills of employees who work in international teams or are sent to another country for a longer period of time
- companies' experiences with the use of different training formats (combinations of offline/online), synchronous/asynchronous and didactic training methods (experimental/theoretical-traditional) in the context of intercultural training offered.
The questionnaire is structured in four parts:
- Information about the company
- Estimation of importance of intercultural skills
- Learning methods for intercultural topics
- Need for qualification and state of the digitization of training offers
The questions are directed at persons responsible for further education, training or human resources in companies, regardless of the department you are working in. Your feedback is much appreciated regardless of the status of training or secondment offers, even if no training is currently offered in your company.
Please feel free to answer the questions based on your personal perspective and professional experience. Responding to the survey takes about 15 minutes. To thank you for your participation, we are pleased to invite you to a free online workshop »Culturally sensitive design of online trainings« with training experts from the INWICA network. Additionally, we are happy to send you the summary of the results from the online survey by August 2023. In this case, please enter your email address at the end of the survey.
All responses will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be used for the anonymous statistical analysis of the survey.
Your contact persons for questions are:
Dipl.-Psych. Karin Hamann
Occupational Scientist at Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering (IAO)
Student in »Intercultural Business Psychology« at Hochschule Hamm-Lippstadt; Working student at Fraunhofer IAO